This document is divided into four training modules:
- The Basics, for top agency managers and the general public.
Module I provides an overview of the program purpose, content of the regulations, design of the program, legal requirements, and relationship to other environmental programs.
- The Key Concepts, for program managers and others who need a working knowledge of the program.
Module II provides information on determining the applicability of the regulations to federal actions, the requirements for determining conformity, and the review process for a determination
- All The Details, for the individuals responsible for preparing the determination.
Module III contains detailed information on evaluating conformity including emission calculations, requirements for associated programs and special situations.
- State and tribal requirements and responsibilities, for state, tribal, and local air quality managers.
Module IV provides information on state and tribal requirements and responsibilities in the evaluation of conformity for federal actions.
- General Conformity Training Module (PDF)(76 pp, 1 MB, 2010)