Gold King Mine Resources & Information
- EPA.gov/goldkingmine: Please visit this site for up-to-date sampling and testing data, and EPA actions.
- If you're interested in becoming involved in the response as a contractor, please see this page.
Other Federal resources & information
U.S. National Fish and Wildlife Service contacts
- Regional office (about the office):
John Wegrzyn, email@example.com
Maria Boroja, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Colorado Ecological Services Office
Laura Archuleta, email@example.com
Drue DeBerry, firstname.lastname@example.org
State-specific or local resources & information
- La Plata County Emergency: Please visit the La Plata County website for up to date county information and news.
- San Juan Basin Health Department: Current health advisories and information.
- Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center: 800-222-1222.
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment: Visit this site for state health information.
Southern Ute Hotline: 970- 563-5025
- Drinking Water Information: 970-385-8700. Currently, bottled drinking water is available for pickup between the hours of 7 AM - 7 PM.
- Agricultural water/resources contact: 970-385-8700.
- Ditch flushing information: Visit http://www.co.laplata.co.us/emergency for the most up to date information.
- Lake Powell: Contact the Utah Department of Health at 801-538-6003.
Please contact the following organizations if you'd like to volunteer:
- Animas-La Plata Water Conservancy District (970) 247-2659
- Animas Conservancy (970) 259-0522
- Animas River Keeper (970) 259-2510
- La Plata Open Space Conservancy (970) 259-3415
- Mountain Studies Institute (970) 247-7071
- The San Juan Citizens Alliance (970) 259-3583
- The San Juan Mountains Association (970) 385-1210
- Sierra Club, Weminuche Group (970) 247-8811