Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources conducted this study under an EPA grant (GLNPO Grant ID GL2000-082). This project completion report describes study in which Estabrook Impoundment was found to be responsible for the most PCB loading into the Milwaukee River and Harbor.
- Document the volume of contaminated sediments within the Estabrook Impoundment
- Define horizontal and vertical extent of contamination
- Delineate the extent of PCB contamination within the Estabrook Impoundment
- Confirm whether there is significant continued PCB transport from upstream areas
- Generate data required by NR347, Wisconsin Administrative Code: Sediment Sampling and Analysis, Monitoring Protocol and Disposal Criteria for Dredging Projects.
- Estabrook Impoundment Sediment Remediation Pre-Design Study (PDF)(30 pp, 871 K, August 2005)