Great Lakes Integrated Atmospheric Deposition Network - Master Stations
IADN and Canada’s Air Monitoring in the Great Lakes Basin program form a joint binational monitoring network that has been in operation since 1990. There are five master monitoring stations, one near each of the Great Lakes.
- Eagle Harbor on Lake Superior;
- Brule River on Lake Superior;
- Sleeping Bear Dunes on Lake Michigan;
- Sturgeon Point on Lake Erie; and
- Point Petre on Lake Ontario.
To understand better the contribution of urban sources to lake wide loadings, IADN also has two satellite stations located in Chicago and Cleveland.