- Land Use
- Materials and Resource Conservation
- Human Health: Radon, Mold and other Hazardous Pollutants
- Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
- Water Access, Management and Sanitation
- Resilience and Adaptability
- Code Implementation and Compliance
- Updating, Adapting or Adopting Codes or Developing New Codes
Tribal Green Building Toolkit (PDF)(167 pp, 6 MB,
June 26, 2020)
This Tribal Green Building Toolkit is designed to help tribal officials, community members, planners, developers, and architects develop and adopt building codes to support green building practices. Both tribes without building codes and with existing building codes can use this Toolkit.
CASE STUDY: Gila River Indian Community (PDF)(4 pp, 582 K,
The Gila River Indian Community (GRIC) is an Indian reservation in south-central Arizona, home to about 12,500 Community Members of both the Akimel O'odham (Pima) and the Pee-Posh (Maricopa) tribes. Through these projects the Community developed experience in building to higher energy and environmental standards, which matched their commitment to building more energy efficient and healthy housing in the Community.