Green Chemistry Challenge Award Categories
EPA usually presents one Green Chemistry Challenge Award in each award category. For the 2021 nomination package, there are five award categories:
- Focus Area 1: Greener Synthetic Pathways
- Focus Area 2: Greener Reaction Conditions
- Focus Area 3: The Design of Greener Chemicals
- Small Business* (for a technology in any of the three focus areas developed by a small business)
- Academic (for a technology in any of the three focus areas developed by an academic researcher)
*A small business for purposes of this award must have annual sales of less than $96 million, including all domestic and foreign sales by the company, its subsidiaries, and its parent company.
View the 2021 nomination package.