The assessment summaries below provide detailed information regarding the standards and ecolabels in EPA’s Recommendations. For each standard and ecolabel, these summaries outline:
- Whether it aligns with applicable federal programs; and
- How it addresses the four sections outlined in the Guidelines:
- Section I: Process for Developing Standards;
- Section II: Environmental Effectiveness of the Standard;
- Section III: Conformity Assessment;
- Section IV: Management of Ecolabel Programs.
The assessments were based upon EPA’s Guidelines for Environmental Performance Standards and Ecolabels.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in:
- A Microsoft Excel version of one or more of the assessment summaries
- Requesting a copy of a standard/ecolabel’s full Pilot Guidelines assessment. Note that these are only available for standards/ecolabels identified with footnote 1 on the EPA Recommendations page.
- Furniture Standard/Ecolabel Assessment Summary (PDF)(2 pp, 255 K, 1/10/2018)
- Interior Latex Paint Standard/Ecolabel Assessment Summary (PDF)(3 pp, 247 K, 1/10/2018)
- Flooring Standard/Ecolabel Assessment Summary (PDF)(4 pp, 272 K, 1/24/2018)
- Carpet Standard/Ecolabel Assessment Summary (PDF)(3 pp, 364 K, 1/22/2020)