Region 7 Office
169,585 rentable square feet (RSF)
FY 2019: 57,952 Btu per RSF
FY 2019: 9.62 gallons per RSF
EPA’s Region 7 Office covers Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska and nine Tribal Nations. The office moved to a new building in 2012.
- The building received U.S. Green Building Council’s (USGBC’s) LEED® Gold for New Construction (version 2009) certification in April 2014. The building also received the LEED Platinum for Existing Buildings (version 2009) certification in February 2015.
- The Region 7 Office building was awarded the ENERGY STAR® in 2014 and in 2016 with a score of 94.
- An underfloor heating, ventilation and air conditioning system improves energy performance and provides controls at user workstations.
- Restrooms use water-efficient toilets, non-water-using urinals and energy-efficient hand dryers.
- More than 50 percent of the site area around the Region 7 Office building has been planted with native or adaptive plant species to reduce the need for irrigation.
- Multiple low impact development techniques such as vegetated swales, sand filters and a constructed wetland treat and infiltrate 100 percent of the stormwater.
- The Region 7 Office instituted a green cleaning policy and program in November 2012 that addresses sustainable cleaning procedures and practices, green cleaning equipment procurement, chemical handling and training requirements.
For more information, visit the Region 7 website or the EPA Facility Contact List.