Technical Data and Reports on Ozone Measurements and SIP Status
EPA collects data from the states and regions on their air quality and state implementation plan (SIP) progress. This information is compiled in a database, and used to create reports, trend charts, and maps.
SIP Status for Nonattainment (Designated Area) Requirements
About these reports: If an area is designated as "nonattainment" (designated areas), states must develop a SIP that details the path to attain and maintain the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS). Certain Northeast states, known as the Ozone Transport Region (OTR), must also submit a SIP for the pollutants that form ozone.
- State Designated Area Reports - For each NAAQS, find the status of a state's submissions and EPA actions on those submissions.
- National Designated Area Reports - For a single SIP required element for all applicable states, find the status of state submissions and EPA actions on those submissions.
- NAAQS Designated Area Reports - For each NAAQS, find the status of all state submissions and EPA actions on those submissions.
See also: Where to find EPA actions on SIP submittals in the Federal Register.
Air Quality and Emissions Data
- Status and trends of key air pollutants - EPA tracks the levels of criteria air pollutants and how much of each pollutant is emitted from various pollution sources.
- Design values - A design value is a statistic that describes the air quality status of a given location relative to the level of the NAAQS.
- AirNow - Current air quality index.
- AirData - Historical air quality data.
- National Emissions Inventory Interactive Report - Explains how air emissions data are generated and used as well as provides tools that explore emission trends and source contributions to air pollution.
- Ozone Designations: This web site provides information on the process EPA, the states, and the tribes follow to designate areas as "attainment" (meeting) or "nonattainment" (not meeting) the ground-level ozone standards.
- Green Book: listings of areas designated nonattainment for each NAAQS pollutant. It includes current designation and classification status, area maps, reports, and Federal Register notices.