Plain Writing Act: 2012 Annual Report
I. Senior Agency Official for Plain Writing
Eric E. Wachter
Office of the Executive Secretariat
- EPA has an online training for all employees who produce documents for the public and for any employee who would like to be trained in plain writing.
- EPA offers classroom workshops and training sessions for interested employees.
III. Ongoing compliance/sustaining change
- Each national-program and regional office has appointed a designated official for plain writing. See appendix.
- With institutional knowledge of the unique processes and various documents produced in their offices, these designated officials have implemented processes for ongoing compliance.
- These processes include communications officials' approval of documents; multi-level managerial review for plain writing; designating plain-writing coordinators in individual offices; and refresher training courses.
- Many offices had existing plain-writing procedures already in place to satisfy existing executive order and administrative orders.
- The senior official for plain writing and the designated officials meet to oversee compliance.
IV. Agency's plain-writing website
Appendix: EPA Plain Writing Designated Officials
Office of Administration and Resource Management
- Joanne Oxley
Office of the Administrator
- Eric Wachter
Office of Air and Radiation
- Wanda Farrar
Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance
- Lynne Davies
Office of Environmental Information
- Jonda Byrd
Office of the Chief Financial Officer
- Gene Pontillo
Office of the General Counsel
- Aditi Prabhu
Office of International and Tribal Affairs
- Chris Hoff
Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention
- Teresa Green
Office of Research and Development
- Dayna Gibbons
Office of Water
- Macara Lousberg
- Nancy Grantham
- Bonnie Bellow
- Terry White
- Bryan Myers
- John Peterson
- David Gray
- Wendy Dew
- Kelly Zito
- Charles Bert