EPA RCRA ID: MAD001209121
On this page:
- Cleanup Activities
- Facility Description
- Institutional/Engineering Controls
- Enforcement and Compliance
- Related Information and Publicly Available Electronic Records
- Contacts for this Facility
The facility achieved a "Remedy Construction Complete" determination on April 29, 2019. Following excavation of sludges and some underlying contaminated soils, the surface impoundments were closed and capped in accordance with RCRA regulations.
Cleanup Actions or environmental indicators characterizing the entire facility are shown below. This listing, and all the data on this page, come from EPA’s RCRAInfo and are refreshed nightly to this page. For this table, a blank in the Status column could mean the action either has not occurred or has not been reported in RCRAInfo.
Cleanup Activities Pertaining to the Entire Facility
For definitions of the terms used, hover over or click on the term.
This facility conducts metal plating operations, including electroplating, degreasing, cleaning, rinsing, and drying. These operations generate spent solvents and metal bearing sludges that were formerly managed in two on-site surface impoundments. Generated wastes are disposed of off site.
This approximately 2 acre facility is located in a commercial area of Norton, MA. According to the US Geological Survey's National Hydrography Dataset, this facility is located in the Threemile River watershed and the nearest fresh surface water body is located on or immediately adjacent to the property. Geology in this area has been observed to be dominated by sandstone and graywacke formations.
Institutional and Engineering Controls help ensure human exposure and groundwater migration are under control at a cleanup facility. Where control types have been reported by states and EPA in EPA’s RCRAInfo, they are shown below. Not all control types are needed at all facilities, and some facilities do not require any controls. Where there are blanks, the control types may not be needed, may not be in place, or may not be reported in RCRAInfo.
Are Controls in Place at this Facility?
EPA’s Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance (OECA) provides detailed historical information about enforcement and compliance activities at each RCRA Corrective Action Site in their Enforcement and Compliance Historical Online (ECHO) system.
For more information about this facility, see these other EPA links:
- RCRA information in EPA’s Envirofacts database
- Information about this facility submitted to EPA under different environmental programs as reported in EPA’s Facility Registry Services
- Alternative Names for this facility as reported by EPA programs in EPA’s Facility Registry Services
- Cleanups in My Community provides an interactive map to see EPA cleanups in context with additional data, and lists for downloading data
- Search RCRA Corrective Action Sites provides a search feature for Corrective Action Sites
EPA Region implements and enforces the RCRA Corrective Action program for and federally recognized tribes.
For further information on this corrective action site, use the Contact Information for Corrective Action Hazardous Waste Clean Ups listings that are accessible through Corrective Action Programs around the Nation.