EPA proposed to:
- amend the hazardous waste incinerator regulations to improve control of toxic metal emissions, hydrogen chloride emissions, and residual organic emissions;
- amend the definitions of incinerators and industrial furnaces;
- propose definitions for plasma arc incinerators and infrared incinerators;
- propose to regulate carbon regeneration units as thermal treatment devices; and
- make a number of minor revisions to permitting procedures.
In this action, EPA also noticed technical corrections as well as requesting comment on three regulatory alternatives to issues presented in the October 26, 1989 supplement to the proposed rule for-burning hazardous waste in boilers and industrial furnaces (volume 54 of the Federal Register starting on page 43718).You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Standards for Owners and Operators of Hazardous Waste Incinerators and Burning of Hazardous Wastes in Boilers and Industrial Furnaces, Federal Register Notice (PDF)(60 pp, 3 MB, April 27, 1990, 55 FR 17862)