This training module:
- Defines "container" and "empty container" and provides examples and citations for each
- Provides an overview of the requirements for the design and operation of hazardous waste containers
- Explains the difference between the container standards set out in part 264 and part 265
- States the requirements for rendering a hazardous waste container "RCRA empty"
- Explains when container rinsate must be managed as a hazardous waste
Access other training modules that provide overviews of other specific RCRA regulatory topics here.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- RCRA Training Module: Introduction to Containers (40 CFR Parts 264/265, Subpart I; Section 261.7) (PDF)(13 pp, 64 K, EPA 530-K-05-010)