Asthma triggers can be found at school. An Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Management Program can reduce the pollutants, irritants, and triggers and help provide a healthier school for students and staff.
There are many steps that a school district can take to reduce asthma triggers, such as:
- Have an IAQ Management program such as IAQ Tools for Schools;
- Enforce no-smoking policies in schools;
- Maintain the ventilation system to ensure proper airflow;
- Use Integrated Pest Management to prevent pest problems;
- Fix leaks and moisture problems to reduce mold growth; and
- Clean and dust properly to reduce dust,
Learn more about how asthma relates to schools and steps schools can take to reduce asthma triggers.
Learn more about a school IAQ Management Plan and IAQ Tools for Schools.