Indoor Air Toxics Input
- Determination of typical indoor pollutants and concentrations
- Information on indoor sources
- Information on indoor pollutant levels
Mold and other Biologicals
- Information on common indoor and outdoor species of fungi and bacteria
- Comparison of bioaerosol testing methodologies
- Information on conditions for growth
- Analysis of associations of fungal taxa with symptoms and building characteristics
- Develop or refine guidance and/or policy on buildings
- Comparison of BASE buildings with compromised or problem buildings
- Determination of impact of radon in large buildings
- Comparison of collected parameters to those reported in similar studies and other building types like schools
- Determination of building factors that may be associated with respiratory diseases (e.g., asthma) or sick building syndrome.
- Use of BASE standardized protocol to design other studies and investigations
Read more about the BASE Study at www.epa.gov/indoor-air-quality-iaq/building-assessment-survey-and-evaluation-study.