Many factors need to be considered in determining whether use of an air cleaner is appropriate in a particular setting. Therefore, the decision whether or not to use an air cleaner is left to the individual. EPA has not taken a position either for or against the use of these devices in the home.
Additional IAQ Resources
- The Inside Story: A Guide to Indoor Air Quality EPA 402-K-93-007, April 1995
- Indoor Air Pollution: An Introduction for Health Professionals EPA 402-R-94-007, 1994
- Residential Air Cleaning Devices: A Summary of Available Information EPA 400/1-90-002, February 1990
- Guide to Air Cleaners in the Home EPA 402-F-07-018, October 2007
- Ozone Generators That are Sold as Air Cleaners (only available via the web site)