If you have asthma, you should know what you can do to control your asthma and what to do if you have an asthma episode.
- Work with your doctor to identify your asthma triggers.
- Ask your doctor to write your Asthma Action Plan.
- Remove or reduce your exposure to your known asthma triggers.
- Take daily medicines as written on your Asthma Action Plan.
- Know your asthma warning signs to catch an episode before it gets worse. Follow your Asthma Action Plan.
- If your asthma seems to be getting worse, see your doctor. You may need to adjust your Asthma Action Plan.
Learn more about managing asthma triggers, or visit EPA's asthma website.