An official website of the United States government.

This is not the current EPA website. To navigate to the current EPA website, please go to This website is historical material reflecting the EPA website as it existed on January 19, 2021. This website is no longer updated and links to external websites and some internal pages may not work. More information »

Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)

Who can I contact to have the indoor air quality tested at my place of employment?

The United States Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is the contact for workplace safety.

See for more information on reporting emergencies, unsafe working conditions, safety and health violations, to file a complaint, to ask safety and health questions, to find the OSHA Office nearest you, or to locate information regarding your rights and obligations as a worker or  your employer's rights and obligations.

See for more information related to OSHA’s Safety and Health Topic related to Indoor Air Quality.