Risk of Disease from Mosquito and Tick Bites
- West Nile Virus
- Encephalitis (several types)
- Yellow fever
- Dengue fever
- Chikungunya virus
The links above are to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Search the CDC website for information on any other insect-borne diseases that you may have heard about.
- Mosquito Control
- List of Pests of Significant Public Health Importance
- West Nile Virus Resource Guide Exit
- Reports from Tick-Borne Disease IPM Conferences Search EPA Archive
- EPA Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program (PESP) Partners:
- Lyme Disease Association (LDA) - Offers information about this non profit organization whose goals are education, prevention, and research funding. Includes articles on ticks, vaccines, and other useful information.
- American Mosquito Control Association (AMCA) - Organization enhancing the health and quality of life through the suppression of mosquitoes, other vectors and pests of public importance.