This Data Standards Policy establishes principles, responsibilities, and requirements for the development, maintenance, and implementation of data standards within the jurisdiction of EPA. This policy supports the Agency’s Enterprise Architecture and Quality System for Environmental Data and Technology by underscoring EPA’s commitment to improve data quality and promote data interoperability, exchanges, sharing and the ability to effectively use the data in situations other than originally intended.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Data Standards Policy (PDF)(7 pp, 83 K)
- Data Standards Development Procedures (PDF)(5 pp, 66 K)
- Data Standards Maintenance Procedures (PDF)(6 pp, 67 K)
- Data Standards Implementation Procedures (PDF)(6 pp, 66 K)
- Data Standards Waiver Procedures (PDF)(5 pp, 70 K)