These presentations about renewable energy on contaminated lands are from the 2008 Brown to Green: Make the Connection to Renewable Energy workshop. For a detailed summary of each presentation, view the Brown to Green: Make the Connection to Renewable Energy Workshop Notes.
EPA's Renewable Energy Initiatives on Contaminated Lands was presented by Stephen Hoffman, Senior Environmental Scientist at US EPA Office of Solid Waste. Stephen Hoffman addressed important questions such as,
- why contaminated sites for renewable energy development?
- what has worked to date? and,
- what does the EPA need to do to move projects forward?
Nellis AFB Solar Power System was presented by Dick Fate, Technical Manager at Sandia National Laboratories. Dick Fate addressed:
- Nellis background,
- project overview,
- acquisition factors,
- acquisition/construction process, and
- lessons learned.
Solar America Cities: Accelerating Solar on a Local Level was presented by Michelle Price, Energy Manager at Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada. Michelle Price addressed:
- the DOE's approach to solar market transformation,
- Solar America Cities' goals, the selection process, and partnerships,
- key barriers to solar commercialization, and
- what makes Solar America Cities unique.
- EPA's Renewable Energy Initiatives on Contaminated Lands (PDF)(16 pp, 136 K)
- Nellis AFB Solar Power System (PDF)(19 pp, 603 K)
- Solar America Citites: Accelerating Solar on a Local Level (PDF)(13 pp, 1 MB)