This page contains presentations from the Brown to Green: Make the Connection to Renewable Energy workshop held in Santa Fe, New Mexico, during December 10-11, 2008. For a detailed summary of each presentation, view the Brown to Green: Make the Connection to Renewable Energy Workshop Notes.
Siting Utility-Scale Solar was presented by Tom Mancini, Program Manager, Solar Thermal Technology, Sandia National Labs. Tom Mancini explained:
- what CSP can do,
- project development,
- system issues,
- industry concerns, and
- projects in the southwest U.S.
Siting Criteria for Wind, Solar, Geothermal, Biomass and Clean Fuel Projects was presented by Edward Henderson, Principal, Source Technologies, Inc. Edward Henderson discussed:
- conventional energy systems,
- non-conventional energy systems,
- project risk assessment, and
- project feasibility.
Renewable Energy Projects was presented by Greg Nelson, Executive Director, Public Service Company of New Mexico. Greg Nelson discussed:
- utility renewable energy needs and New Mexico renewable portfolio standard,
- New Mexico renewable energy potential,
- renewable energy issues,
- economic incentives and financing renewable energy projects, and
- New Mexico Wind Energy Center.
- Siting Utility-Scale Solar (PDF)(7 pp, 648 K)
- Siting Criteria for Wind, Solar, Geothermal, Biomass and Clean Fuel Projects (PDF)(7 pp, 116 K)
- Renewable Energy Projects (PDF)(9 pp, 333 K)