EPA’s Land Revitalization Program encourages communities to pursue sustainable and innovative approaches as they consider solutions for remediating and redeveloping contaminated properties. Reusing cleaned up sites protects public health and the environment by preventing sprawl, preserving green space and reinvigorating communities. The success stories below outline several projects that received support from EPA's land revitalization technical assistance in 2019 including site statistics, project background, community challenges, how EPA helped, and the community's next steps.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Ontario Ohio - Positioning Site for Redevelopment (PDF)(1 pg, 189 K)
- Pine Lawn Missouri - Downtown Redevelopment (PDF)(1 pg, 330 K)
- Butte Montana - Auto Row Redevelopment (PDF)(1 pg, 369 K)
- Stevens Point Wisconsin - Creek Daylighting Assessment (PDF)(1 pg, 274 K)
- Easton Pennsylvania - West Ward Connectivity Plan (PDF)(1 pg, 310 K)
- Northport Washington - Former LeRoi Smelter Site Redevelopment (PDF)(1 pg, 239 K)