An official website of the United States government.

This is not the current EPA website. To navigate to the current EPA website, please go to This website is historical material reflecting the EPA website as it existed on January 19, 2021. This website is no longer updated and links to external websites and some internal pages may not work. More information »


How do I become accredited as a Training Provider?

Answer: Trainers seeking accreditation in an EPA administered state must submit their applications and fees online through EPA’s CDX system, the EPA’s electronic reporting system: If you have not previously created a CDX account, click “Register with CDX”, accept the terms, choose “LEAD: Lead-Based Paint Program”, and select “Training Provider Application”. Complete the application as necessary – it will gather your program’s information and allow you to pay the appropriate fees securely. A confirmation email will be sent to your inbox when an application is completed.

Trainers seeking accreditation in states, states tribes and territories not administered by EPA should contact the respective state or tribe for more information about their training and certification requirements. Note that if you work in more than one state, you may need both EPA federal and state certifications.

The following links provide more information about applying for accreditation as an abatement or renovation trainer.  They also include links to states, tribes, and territories authorized by EPA to run their own programs.

Question Number: 23002-37010

Find a printable PDF copy of all frequent questions pertaining to lead.