An official website of the United States government.

This is not the current EPA website. To navigate to the current EPA website, please go to This website is historical material reflecting the EPA website as it existed on January 19, 2021. This website is no longer updated and links to external websites and some internal pages may not work. More information »


I took a lead-based paint activities course accredited by an authorized State, but I’m seeking certification from EPA. What must I submit?

Answer: Individuals seeking EPA certification under the provisions of 745.226(a)(1)(ii) may take courses accredited by authorized States or Tribes. However, they must also complete their certification in the authorized State or Tribe and submit a valid lead-based paint activities certification from the authorized State or Tribe when applying for EPA certification.

Question Number: 23002-33443

Find a printable PDF copy of all frequent questions pertaining to lead.