Answer: A blood test is the only way to find out whether you or a family member already has lead poisoning. Call your doctor or local health department to arrange for a blood test. You can protect your family every day by:
- Regularly cleaning floors, window sills, and other surfaces.
- Washing children's hands, bottles, pacifiers, and toys often.
- Making sure children eat a healthy, nutritious diet consistent with the USDA's dietary guidelines.
- Wiping off shoes before entering the house.
- Using an EPA-certified firm for renovations, or if you are doing the renovation yourself, using lead-safe work practices. View more information.
Question Number: 23002-23458