About Partners of the Landfill Methane Outreach Program
LMOP consists of five Partner categories designed to assist different sectors of the landfill gas (LFG) community. Through these programs, LMOP works with landfill owners/operators, industry organizations, energy providers and marketers, end users, communities, state agencies, and other stakeholders to help them overcome barriers to LFG energy development.
- Industry Partners provide technical or financial assistance, consulting services, or equipment to help develop LFG as an energy source.
- Energy Partners include power providers, marketers, and energy end users. Power providers and marketers make LFG an attractive part of their renewable energy portfolios.
- Community Partners include local and regional governments, other public landfill owners, and nonprofit organizations that develop and publicize LFG energy projects.
- State Partners encourage coordination among permitting and regulatory offices to lower barriers and increase opportunities for LFG recovery.
- Endorsers are nonprofit organizations that demonstrate environmental stewardship by encouraging the advancement of LFG as a commercially viable, environmentally beneficial energy resource.
LMOP’s current Partners are provided in the Excel file below, separated into tabs by category. The information can be sorted or filtered as needed; for example, the Industry Partners tab includes columns related to the types of service they provide.
- LMOP Partners(472 K) Updated December 2020 (XLSX, EPA Excel Viewer)
Links to non-EPA sites do not imply any official EPA endorsement. Furthermore, EPA does not accept any responsibility for the opinions, ideas, data, or products presented at those locations, or guarantee the validity of the information provided. EPA does not guarantee the suitability of the information for any specific purpose.