On May 23, 2017, LMOP offered a webinar to LMOP stakeholders about landfill gas (LFG) energy projects that involve the conversion of LFG to vehicle fuel. Specifically, the webinar focused on:
- Background on the California Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS) Program and the federal Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS2) Program.
- How LFG-derived biomethane is currently participating in the LCFS and RFS2 programs.
- Requirements for documentation and reporting under each program in order to generate LCFS credits or renewable identification numbers (RINs) under RFS2.
- Current pricing data for LCFS credits and RINs.
The following experts presented during the webinar:
- Dr. Veronika Pesinova, California Air Resources Board (CARB), Transportation Fuels Branch
- Angela Schwarz, President & CEO, Element Markets