December 21, 2011 - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) announced standards to limit mercury, acid gases and other toxic pollution from power plants. More technical information can be found here.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Fact Sheet: Benefits and Costs of Cleaning up Toxic Air Pollutants (PDF)(3 pp, 194 K, December 2011)
- Fact Sheet: Mercury and Air Toxics Standards for Power Plants, Summary (PDF)(6 pp, 33 K, December 2011)
- Fact Sheet: Clean Air and Reliable Electricity (PDF)(6 pp, 150 K, December 2011)
- Fact Sheet: Adjustments from Proposal to Final (PDF)(2 pp, 116 K, December 2011)
- Presentation: Reducing Toxic Pollution from Power Plants (PDF)(21 pp, 776 K, Decmber 2011)