December 10-12, 2008
JW Marriott Desert Ridge Hotel, Phoenix, AZ
At the OEI Environmental Information Symposium 2008
The USEPA convened this workshop to establish and initiate a community of practice for integrated modeling science and technology. The workshop served to survey modelers within and outside EPA to:
- Identify current and emerging practices and approaches to model integration and interoperability
- Identify and prioritize the technical challenges related to model and modeling framework interoperability and determine what is required to address these issues
- Identify the existing groups and initiatives that are tackling similar issues and determine the gaps
- Determine the role/ mission of the community of practice on integrated environmental modeling science and technology
- Define initial projects for community participation
Below are the materials from the workshop including the participant guide and report.
Note: Development of the workshop report was led by Eastern Research Group Inc., under contract to EPA. (Some individual EPA experts contributed specific discussions on topic(s) for which he or she has scientific expertise or knowledge of current Agency practice). The views expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of EPA and should not be construed as implying EPA consent or endorsement.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.