- The L’Anse Warden Electric Company (LWEC) has operated under a State of Michigan Renewable Operating Permit (ROP) Number MI-ROP-B4260-2004, which was transferred to LWEC effective July 5, 2007.
- October 29, 2007: Permit to Install (PTI) 168-07 authorized construction activities.
- Oct. 28, 2010: MDEQ issued operating permit ROP MI-ROPB4260-2011. It took effect Jan. 1, 2011.
- Oct. 26, 2011: MDEQ issued PTI 168-07C to allow the boiler to use up to 0.25 tons per hour of pentachlorophenol-treated railroad ties in the fuel mix.
- Oct. 25, 2012: MDEQ issued PTI 168-07D to LWEC to install EU Boiler #1 to incorporate the existing wood chipping process into the ROP and revise performance testing dates.
- April 15, 2016: LWEC submitted an application to MDEQ to remove the use of pentachlorophenol treated fuel from their operating permit. LWEC will modify the Fuel Procurement and Monitoring Plan.
L'Anse Warden NSR Permit to Install - Oct. 25, 2012 (PDF)(16 pp, 246 K,
Oct. 25, 2012)
MDEQ NSR Permit to Install Number 168-07D for L'Anse Warden Electric Company EU-BOILER#1
L'Anse Warden Renewable Operating Permit - Jan. 1, 2011 (PDF)(30 pp, 278 K,
Jan. 1, 2011)
MDEQ Renewable Operating Permit Number MI-ROP-B4260-2011 for L'Anse Warden Electric Company EU-BOILER#1
L’Anse Warden PCP Fuel Removal Permit Application – April 15, 2016 (PDF)(1 pg, 51 K,
April 15, 2016)
LWEC submitted this application to MDEQ to remove use of penta-treated fuel from the operating permit.