Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) prepared this report for a work assignment under the EPA contract “Testing and Analytical Support for Regulation of Motor Vehicles, Engines, Fuels, and Fuel Additives.”
SwRI states that they selected reviewers to participate in the peer review panel, based on expertise in:
- mobile source research and modeling, including expertise in the physical process of generating and controlling vehicle emissions,
- application or analysis of current mobile source emissions models for either regulatory purposes and/or policy evaluation, and
- the link betweenmobile sourceemissionmodeling and transportationmodeling and planning.
"After approval by EPA of the three individuals nominated by SwRI, we were to establish consultancy contracts with them to conduct an independent, peer review of the “MOVES Designand Emissions Analysis Plan.” Within eight weeks of EPA’s approval of the members of the review panel, SwRI was to provide a summary report, along with their complete reviews, to EPA as the final deliverable under this Work Assignment."You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Independent Peer Review of the MOVES Design and Emissions Analysis Plans (PDF)(28 pp, 140 K, February 2003)
- Addendum to Independent Peer Review of the MOVES Design and Emissions Analysis Plans (PDF)(2 pp, 62 K, February 2003)