Carbon Monoxide (CO) Standards - Federal Register Notices from Current Review
Over the course of each NAAQS review, EPA publishes notices in the Federal Register for a variety of activities: the kick-off workshop and call for information, CASAC meetings, availability of pre-rulemaking documents and opportunities for comment on these documents, as well as proposed and final rulemaking decisions and public hearings on a proposed rulemaking decision.
You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
Rulemaking Notices / Public Hearings
- Review of National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Carbon Monoxide, Final Rule (PDF) (51 pp, 2.3 M, August 31, 2011)
- National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Carbon Monoxide, Proposed Rule (PDF)(64 pp, 2.4 M, February 11, 2011)
Pre-Rulemaking Documents / Availability and Opportunities for Public Comment
- Notice of Availability - Policy Assessment for the Review of the CO NAAQS, Final Report (PDF)(1 pg, 136 K, November 2, 2010)
- Notice of Availability - Second Draft Risk and Exposure Assessment and Draft Policy Assessment (PDF)(2 pp, 74 K, March 5, 2010)
- Notice of Availablity - Integrated Science Assesessment for CO, Final Report (PDF)(2 pp, 74 K, January 29, 2010)
- Notice of Availability - First Draft Risk and Exposure Assessment (PDF)(3 pp, 84 K, October 29, 2009)
- Notice of Availability - Draft Scope and Methods Plan for Exposure/Risk Assessment (PDF)(2 pp, 74 K, April 15, 2009)
- Workshop to Discuss Policy-Relevant Science to Inform EPA’s Integrated Plan for the Review of the Primary CO NAAQS (PDF)(2 pp, 72 K, January 15, 2008)
- Integrated Science Assessment for CO: Call for Information (PDF)(3 pp, 88 K, September 13, 2007)
Public Meetings / Workshops
- Notice of CASAC Meeting March 22-23, 2010 and Teleconference April 19, 2010 (PDF)(2 pp, 76 K, March 1, 2010)
- Notice of CASAC Teleconference on June 17, 2009 (PDF)(1 pg, 49 K, May 28, 2009)
- Notice of CASAC Meeting May 12-13, 2009 (PDF)(2 pp, 65 K, April 3, 2009)
You may also be interested in other documents from the current carbon monoxide NAAQS review.