About Region 2's NPDES Permit Program
EPA Region 2 serves New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and eight tribal nations. The NPDES permitting authorities for states, tribes, and territories within Region 2 are listed below.
EPA has delegated authority to issue NPDES permits in New Jersey to the New Jersey Dept. of Environmental Protection. For state-issued permits, visit New Jersey Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NJPDES) Program Exit
EPA issues NPDES permits on tribal lands and some federal facilities in New York. EPA has delegated authority to issue other NPDES permits to the New York Dept. of Environmental Conservation.
- Find EPA-issued permits in New York
- For state-issued permits, visit New York's State Pollution Discharge Elimination System Permit Program Exit
EPA issues all NPDES permits in the territory of Puerto Rico. Find EPA-issued permits in Puerto Rico.
U.S. Virgin Islands
EPA has not currently issued any NPDES permits in the territory of U.S. Virgin Islands.
EPA issues all NPDES permits on tribal lands. See links above for EPA-issued permits on tribal lands within each state.
- NPDES permits for Phase 2 stormwater program in Puerto Rico
- Notices of Intent for coverage under the 2006 NPDES Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System General Permit in Puerto Rico
- NPDES pretreatment program in Region 2
- Environmentally Sensitive Area (ESA) Grant Condition Waiver Program