AUTHORIZATION TO DISCHARGE UNDER THE NATIONAL POLLUTANT DISCHARGE ELIMINATION SYSTEM
In compliance with the provisions of the Clean Water Act, as amended, (33 U.S.C. 1251 et. seq; the "Act"),
Peabody Natural Resources Company
El Segundo Mine
P.O. Box 757
Grants, NM 87020
is authorized to discharge from a facility located at 35 miles north of Milan, off State Road 509, Grants, in McKinley County, New Mexico. Possible discharges from multiple outfalls are to receiving water named Kim-me-ni-oli Valley Tributary, thence into Chaco River, a tributary of San Juan River (about 100 miles northwest of El Segundo Mine) and to Inditos Draw, a tributary of Vought Draw, which flows into Arroyo Chico, then to Rio Puerco (about 60 miles southeast the mine area), a tributary of the Rio Grande River. Kim-me-ni-oli Valley Tributary and Inditos Draw are unclassified receiving waters under 188.8.131.52 NMAC.
You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
in accordance with this cover page and the effluent limitations, monitoring requirements and other conditions set forth in Part I, Part II, Part III and Part IV.
- NM0030996 - NPDES Permit (PDF)(18 pp, 321 K, July 1, 2020)
- NM0030996 - Public Notice (PDF)(1 pg, 50 K)
- NM0030996 - Fact Sheet (PDF)(13 pp, 250 K)
- NM0030996 - Appendix Part II (PDF)(2 pp, 19 K)
- NM0030996 - Part III (PDF)(9 pp, 180 K)
- NM0030996 - Part IV (PDF)(19 pp, 173 K)
- NM0030996 - Environmental Assessment (PDF)(212 pp, 30 MB)
- NM0030996 - Map (PDF)(1 pg, 217 K)
- NM0030996 - FONSI (PDF)(2 pp, 519 K)
- nm0030996 - Attachments A, B, & C (PDF)(2 pp, 99 K)