- About Region 10's Pretreatment Program
- POTWs with Pretreatment Programs under EPA Oversight
- Pretreatment Guidance
EPA implements the industrial pretreatment program on tribal lands within Region 10. Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington have been delegated by EPA to implement their own pretreatment programs (see "Delegated State Programs" below).
Michael Le (email@example.com)
U.S. EPA, Region 10
NPDES Permits Unit
1200 Sixth Avenue, Suite 155
Seattle, Washington 98101-3140
Delegated State Programs
- Alaska Pollutant Discharge Elimination System
- Idaho Pretreatment Program
- Oregon Industrial Pretreatment
- Washington Water Quality Permits
Learn More About Pretreatment
EPA is the Control Authority for the following pretreatment programs in Region 10:
- City of Anchorage, Alaska
- City of Puyallup, Washington
For more information about EPA's oversight role, visit Pretreatment Roles and Responsibilities.
- Pretreatment Standards and Requirements
- Dental Effluent Guidelines (pretreatment standards to reduce discharges of mercury from dental offices into publicly owned treatment works (POTWs))
Regional GuidanceYou may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
Model Pretreatment Ordinance for EPA Region 10 (PDF)(45 pp, 270 K,
March 27, 2012)
Guide for municipalities drafting new or revised legal authority to implement and enforce a pretreatment program.