These resources address identifying hauled waste received at POTWs, implementing hauled waste control programs, and assessing POTW hauled waste programs.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Guidance Manual for the Control of Waste Hauled to Publicly Owned Treatment Works (PDF)(97 pp, 245 K)
- Guidance Manual for the Identification of Hazardous Wastes Delivered to Publicly Owned Treatment Works by Truck, Rail, or Dedicated Pipe (PDF)(132 pp, 7 MB)
- CERCLA Site Discharges to POTWs Guidance Manual (PDF)(248 pp, 16 MB)
- RCRA Information on Hazardous Wastes to Publicly Owned Treatment Works (PDF)(113 pp, 6 MB)
- Strategy for Implementing RCRA Permit-By-Rule Requirements at POTWs that Accept Hazardous Waste by Truck, Rail, or Dedicated Pipe (PDF)(9 pp, 534 K)
- Guidance for Implementing RCRA Permit-by-Rule Requirements at POTWs (PDF)(142 pp, 7 MB)
- Guidance Manual for Conducting RCRA Facility Assessments at Publicly Owned Treatment Works (PDF)(210 pp, 12 MB)