National Pretreatment Program Training and Webinars
EPA sponsors several Pretreatment 101 trainings throughout the country each year. Whether you are new to pretreatment or desire a refresher, all are welcome to attend these trainings, though priority is given to municipal, state, and federal employees.
Workshops include two days of instruction, but may be spread over one full day and two half days depending on space availability. Workshops are an instructor-led classroom format that includes collaborative group exercises, question and answer sessions with experienced pretreatment personnel, and networking breaks. See each workshop's timing and details on its registration page below.
2019-2020 Course Locations and Registration
- Baltimore, Maryland - December 10-12, 2019
- Boise, Idaho - March 24-26, 2020
- Chicago, Illinois - April 22-23, 2020
- Kansas City, Missouri - June 2-4, 2020
- Workshops are FREE, but registration is required.
- Participants may be eligible for continuing education hours. Indicate on your registration form whether you will be seeking CEUs so EPA may coordinate with licensing agencies accordingly.
This series of presentations provides a preliminary exposure to the rules and regulations associated with the national pretreatment program and a review of the basics of program implementation. The intended audience is regulatory and municipal personnel with fewer than five years of pretreatment experience. More experienced personnel and industrial user personnel who are responsible for the wastewaters discharged to a POTW will also benefit from these webinars.
Although the webinars may be viewed in any order, we recommend the following order for people who are relatively new to pretreatment:
- Introduction to the National Pretreatment Program
- Industrial User Waste Survey Procedures
- Overview of Pretreatment Standards
- POTW Procedures for Conducting Compliance Inspections
- POTW Procedures for Conducting Compliance Monitoring
- Pretreatment Standards - Local Limits Development
- Industrial User Permitting
- POTW Pretreatment Considerations and Permitting Programs for Hauled Waste