EPA is seeking public comment on a proposed 2020 National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Multi-Sector General Permit (MSGP) for stormwater discharges from industrial activity. This proposed permit would replace the 2015 MSGP upon finalization. This proposed permit would cover stormwater discharges from industrial facilities in areas where EPA is the NPDES permitting authority.
EPA will take comments on the proposal during a 60-day comment period, which begins upon publication in the Federal Register.
The permit, fact sheet, and other associated documents can be found below and on the docket.
Comments must be submitted on www.regulations.gov for docket ID # EPA-HQ-OW-2019-0372.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Proposed 2020 MSGP (Permit Parts 1-9) (PDF)(193 pp, 27 MB)
- Proposed 2020 MSGP Appendices A-P (PDF)(183 pp, 3 MB)
- Proposed 2020 MSGP Appendix Q (PDF)(672 pp, 9 MB)
- Proposed 2020 MSGP Fact Sheet (PDF)(103 pp, 1 MB)
- Proposed 2020 MSGP Cost Analysis (PDF)(54 pp, 954 K)