The State Nutrient Reductions Strategies Web series has merged with the Nonpoint Source (NPS) Technical Exchange forum to cover a broader variety of NPS topics.
We are currently working with our partners on new topics and new methods of engaging in discussion on current nonpoint source technical topics of interest. Stay tuned for future announcements. In the interim, you can view PDFs of the PowerPoint presentations from some of our past webinars below.
No webinars are scheduled at this time.
- No materials are available yet: Introduction to STEPL 4.4, presented by Tetra Tech Inc. on March 20, 2018. The webcast provided an overview of STEPL and how to use it. STEPL is a planning-level spreadsheet model intended to facilitate the estimation of nutrient and sediment load reductions associated with Clean Water Act Section 319 projects at a HUC-12 watershed scale. This webinar also covered some new enhancements in version 4.4. This new version:
- incorporates new cropland and pastureland BMPs,
- accounts for flow volume reductions from urban low impact development practices,
- offers enhanced weather data and reporting features, and
- includes a new manure application worksheet.
January 24, 2018 - An Introduction to the Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) Program (PDF)(25 pp, 3 MB)
Luther Smith, American Society of Agronomy; Traci L. Bultemeier, DowDuPont Pioneer; Trevor Sample, Illinois EPA
November 8, 2017 - Ten Ways to Reduce Nitrogen Loads from Drained Cropland in the Midwest (PDF)(48 pp, 6 MB)
Laura Christianson, University of Illinois
September 13, 2017 - Photo-Point Monitoring: Explanation and Application (PDF)(71 pp, 16 MB)
Steve Dressing, Tetra Tech Dennis Busch, University of Wisconsin Platteville Daniel Guevara, New Mexico Environment Department
December 7, 2016 - Characterizing Recovery from Non-point Pollution: Landscape and Programmatic Factors related to delisting impaired waterbodies (PDF)(39 pp, 4 MB)
Ari Engelberg, US EPA ORISE
October 26, 2016 - Nonpoint Source Watershed Project Resources (PDF)(63 pp, 4 MB)
Steve Dressing, Tetratech, Inc.
July 13, 2016 - Conservation in Action in Idaho’s Treasure Valley (PDF)(40 pp, 3 MB)
Mike Smith, CTIC and Terry Tindall, Simplot
April 12, 2016 - Agricultural Conservation Planning Framework: an Overview and Experience in Beargrass Creek and Silver Creek Watersheds (PDF)(96 pp, 33 MB)
Mark Tomer, USDA, Agricultural Research Service Center: Janet Buchanan, Heartlands Conservancy; Joe Magner, University of Minnesota; Susan Stephan, Wabash County SWCD; Linda Prokopy, Purdue University
December 8, 2015 - Adjusting for Depreciation of Land Treatment When Planning Watershed Projects (PDF)(77 pp, 5 MB)
Steven A. Dressing, Donald S. Meals, Tetra Tech, Inc.