Mirant Wyandotte, LLC - Permitting Information
1. Facility Information
Mirant Wyandotte, LLC
Wyandotte, Wayne County, Michigan, 48192
3. Distance from US/Canada Border
less than 50 km
4. Facility Type and Size
proposed installation of a 644 MW natural gas-fired turbine electrical generating facility, consisting of two combustion turbines, two fuel preheaters, two start-up boilers, an emergency fire pump engine, and a cooling tower.
5. Sources of Emissions
the turbines, start-up boilers, preheaters, emergency fire pump engine, and the cooling tower.
6. Type of Fuel
except for the emergency fire pump engine, which uses diesel fuel, all combustion equipments will use natural gas.
7. Type and Quantity of Emissions
|Pollutant||Allowable Emissions (tpy)|
8. Emission Control Technology
- dry low NOx burners and selective catalytic reduction (SCR) for NOx reduction,
- good combustion techniques and catalytic oxidation add-on control for reducing CO, VOCs, and toxic air contaminants,
- efficient combustion practice to control PM10,
- use of pipeline quality natural gas for PM10 and SO2 control,
- proper operational practice for SCR system to control ammonia.
9. Date Permit Application Received
MDEQ received the permit application on January 3, 2002, and USEPA received the draft permit on October 16, 2002.
10. Stack Height and Diameter
each turbine has a stack of 145 ft height and 216 in diameter
11. Permit Agency Contact
Mary Ann Dolehanty
Michigan Department of Environmental Quality - Air Quality Division
PO Box 30260
Lansing MI 48909