EPA Region 4, often in coordination with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), conducts oceanographic surveys to identify appropriate locations for ocean disposal sites and to monitor the impacts of regulated dumping at the ocean disposal sites. Region 4 monitors Miami, FL Ocean Dredged Material Disposal Site to ensure that unexpected or significant negative effects are not occurring from past or continued use of the disposal site and to verify regulatory and permit compliance.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Miami ODMDS PCB and Copper Study, 2010 (PDF)(95 pp, 4 MB)
- Miami Ocean Monitoring System Site 1 Monitoring Study, 2008 (PDF)(48 pp, 4 MB)
- Miami ODMDS Trend Assessment Summary Report, 2007 (PDF)(43 pp, 980 K)
- Post-Disposal SPI Mapping at the Miami ODMDS, 2006 (PDF)(83 pp, 2 MB)
- Guidelines for Dredged Material Disposal at Miami ODMDS Based on Abiotic Determinants of Coral Reef Community Structure, 2002 (PDF)(15 pp, 329 K)
- Miami ODMDS Sediment Survey, 2000 (PDF)(52 pp, 513 K)
- Review of the Real-Time Current Monitoring Requirement for Miami ODMDS, 1995-2000 (PDF)(21 pp, 549 K)