Report #18-P-0059, December 22, 2017
What Was Found
The EPA's ability to oversee self-insurance instruments is impaired, leaving the agency and taxpayers vulnerable to billions of dollars in financial risk and the public vulnerable to environmental risk. Unlike the EPA, some federal agencies do not accept corporate self-insurance.
- Report at a Glance (PDF)(1 pg, 462 K)
- Full Report (PDF)(44 pp, 1 MB)
- Update: IG Revision of Recommendations (PDF)(3 pp, 320 K)
- Update: EPA Response to Revision Memo (PDF)(9 pp, 582 K)
- Update: IG Comment on EPA Response (PDF)(2 pp, 129 K)