EPA Region 4 and NPPR hosted the December session of the P2U (Pollution Prevention University) Training Series. This virtual session focused on technical assistance outreach and P2 solutions.
This session was a collaborative effort with the NPPR Metal Manufacturing and Fabrication Workgroup Exit which focuses on benchmarking education materials, training, and technical assistance programs for metal finishers; with a special interest to utilize a Green Chemistry approach to source reduction.
Information presented also supports the following EPA National Emphasis Areas (NEAs) and companion affinity groups:
- NEA #2: Chemical Manufacturing, Processing and Formulation
- NEA #4: Aerospace Product and Parts Manufacturing and Maintenance
- NEA #5: Metal Manufacturing and Fabrication
- Miguel Rodas, City of Los Angeles Source Reduction Program
- Katy Wolf, Pacific Northwest Pollution Prevention Resource Center (PPRC)
Interested stakeholders in the P2 network including Pollution Prevention (P2) and Source Reduction Assistance (SRA) grantees and representatives of governmental, institutional, or other programs with a mission to further P2.
- Learn how P2 programs are influencing the advancement of safer alternatives to toxic chemicals.
- Provide real-world examples of P2 approaches and resources to assist technical assistance providers.
- Encourage interaction and share best practices through a Q&A panel session.
- Placeholder P2 Webinars (PDF)(1 pg, 7 K)