The ability to provide technical assistance, voluntary or regulatory, during this pandemic has been challenging, and remote assessments and assistance are a viable approach when in-person site visits are not feasible or practical. EPA, Massachusetts Office of Technical Assistance (OTA) and Pollution Prevention Resource Center (PPRC) discussed protocols, best practices, and lessons learned, for conducting remote assessments, along with brief examples of challenges and successes.
- Share best practices, resources, and tips for conducting remote technical assessment
- Begin building a networking community of providers
- Discuss what works and what doesn’t
- Provide the space for an open dialogue
- Michelle Gaither, Industrial Engineer, Pacific Northwest Pollution Prevention Resource Center (PPRC)
- Jack Illingworth, Environmental Analyst, Massachusetts Office of Technical Assistance
- John Raschko, Ph.D., Sr. Engineer, Massachusetts Office of Technical Assistance
- View the webinar slides and handouts below.
- Register for upcoming P2 webinars.
- Review past P2 webinars.
EPA P2 Program: Remote Technical Assistance Assessments During COVID and Beyond (PDF)(4 pp, 409 K)
PPRC Virtual Assessments (PDF)(22 pp, 2 MB)
Massachusetts OTA Remote Assistance (PDF)(12 pp, 346 K)
OTA Virtual Site Visit Instructions (PDF)(2 pp, 281 K)
OTA Virtual Site Visit Preparation Template (PDF)(1 pg, 127 K)