About PESP Membership
The Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program (PESP) is a voluntary membership program that promotes the adoption of innovative, alternative pest control practices such as Integrated Pest Management (IPM). In becoming a PESP member, you join more than 250 nationally-recognized organizations committed to reducing the human health and environmental risks associated with pesticide use. Members demonstrate this commitment by developing an IPM strategy and may elect to independently document their improvement. Members enjoy a range of benefits plus the satisfaction of knowing that they are helping their community. We invite you to join today!
More information about:
Benefits of Membership
Membership guarantees advantages and benefits that not only boost your own environmental stewardship efforts, but also assists PESP in reaching its goals. As you advance through PESP, you will be increasingly promoted and recognized by PESP for your work as well as receive expanded support to further your stewardship efforts. Joining PESP gives you an opportunity to publicly show your concern for the environment and society. Benefits include:
PESP publicly recognizes members who have demonstrated their commitment to environmental stewardship and made progress in reducing pesticide risk. Such recognition may include:
- An article in the monthly PESPWire e-bulletin or in program progress reports.
- A published success story.
- Coverage in press releases.
- PESP awards.
- Assist members transitioning to lower risk pest management practices.
- Help members develop their IPM strategies.
- Provide information on EPA activities.
- Research where a product is in the registration queue.
- Provide information on grant/funding opportunities to support strategy implementation.
Improved Perception and Support
Membership may help enhance the public's view of your organization and boosts your organization's reputation that is committed to reducing risks associated with pesticides.
- Invitations to workshops and symposia providing PESP members with a forum to address industry-specific challenges and solutions.
- Networking opportunities at awards ceremonies.
- Assistance in tracking and learning about EPA regulatory activities.
- Support for members' existing outreach programs.
- Support for members' existing certification programs.
- Umbrella memberships for trade associations.
How Can I Join?
Joining PESP and maintaining your membership is simple!
APPLICATION: Tell us about your organization and your interest in joining PESP. With the application you will submit a statement committing to develop and use innovative practices that reduce risk to human health and the environment as well as pledging that environmental stewardship is an integral part of your pest management program.
We’re here to help you every step of the way! To get started simply complete a Member Application Form.
If you have trouble accessing this form, please contact us.
Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program Brochure