Label Review Training: Module 2: Parts of the Label, Page 12
Section 2: What is on the back panel?
- The back panel of a pesticide label can include the following four parts: precautionary statements, directions for use, storage and disposal instructions, and the warranty statement.
- The precautionary statements and directions for use sections of a label's back panel will be affected if that product is subject to the Worker Protection Standard.
- The back panel of a pesticide label should usually be organized in the following order: 1) precautionary statements, 2) directions for use, 3) storage and disposal instructions, and 4) the warranty statement.
- What are the four kinds of precautionary statements can appear on the back panel of a typical pesticide label?
Hazards to humans and domestic animals statement, first aid statement, environmental hazards statement, and physical or chemical hazards statement.
- What are the four types of worker protection statements that generally appear in the precautionary statements if a product is subject to the Worker Protection Standard?
Handler PPE statement, contaminated PPE statement, engineering controls statement, and user safety recommendations
- What statement typically comes at the end of the back panel?
The warranty statement.
Page 12 of 16
Previous Page Next Page