EPA’s Office of Pesticide Programs is soliciting applications for a cooperative agreement to support a National Farmworker Training Program (see PDF announcement below). This program will develop national pesticide safety training, education and outreach for farmworkers and their families in rural agricultural areas.
The goals of the program will be to:
- Work with farmworker support organizations, growers, crew leaders, and agricultural extension professionals;
- Help ensure the safe use of pesticides by focusing on prevention and reducing exposure to pesticides;
- Enhance safe working conditions for agricultural workers at the local, state and national levels; and
- Promote environmental justice for low-income, low-literacy, and predominantly non-English speaking farmworkers.
EPA expects to provide up to $500,000 annually, depending on the Agency’s budget, for five federal fiscal years (October 2020-September 2025).
The submission deadline was October 15, 2019. To see the grant announcement, go to grant opportunity EPA-HQ-OPP-2019-004 at Grants.gov.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- National Farmworker Training Program (PDF)(40 pp, 728 K)