Upcoming Environmental Modeling in Ground Water Public Meeting
For Release: April 13, 2018
On May 23, 2018, EPA will hold an Environmental Modeling Public Meeting (EMPM). This meeting provides a public forum for pesticide registrants, other stakeholders and EPA to discuss current issues related to modeling pesticide fate, transport, and exposure for pesticide risk assessments in a regulatory context. Additionally, this meeting will provide a forum for presentations on methods for assessing pesticide monitoring data in surface waters.
This meeting will focus on:
- Quantitative use of surface water monitoring data in pesticide exposure/risk assessment;
- Calibration of water quality models using surface water data;
- Comparisons of pesticide monitoring and modeling data;
- Chemical removal efficacy of drinking water and sewage treatment and monitoring data for agricultural, urban, forestry and aquatic pesticide applications; and
- Updates on ongoing topics.
Requests to participate in the meeting must be received on or before April 23, 2018.
Please contact Rebecca Lazarus (Lazarus.Rebecca@epa.gov) or Andrew Shelby (Shelby.Andrew@epa.gov) to register for this meeting. More information can be found at www.regulations.gov in docket # EPA-HQ-OPP-2009-0879. Sign up for updates and abstract requests for future Environmental Modeling Public Meetings.