WIPP Docket A-93-02
The Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) Docket No. A-93-02 contains information that EPA reviewed and considered in making its decision to certify that the Department of Energy (DOE) met the compliance criteria established by EPA in 40 CFR Part 194 and the disposal regulations set by EPA in 40 CFR Part 191. This docket is specific to EPA’s oversight activities leading up to the final 1998 certification decision.
The certification documents were reviewed as appropriate and considered in making the decision whether to certify that the DOE has complied with the conditions of certification.
If you do not find the document that you are looking for on this page, please check Docket No. A-98-49 for additional documents available in the post-certification WIPP docket (EPA-HQ-OAR-2001-0012) on Regulations.gov.
The contents of Docket A-93-02 are listed below by category.
Items Considered in Certification Decision
- EPA Reports/Studies and Other Miscellaneous Reports
- EPA Factual Memoranda
- Correspondence Sent to Persons Outside the Agency
- Correspondence Received From Persons Outside the Agency
- EPA Memoranda of Meetings with Outside Persons
- Interagency Review Materials
- (Part 1): Department of Energy's Compliance Certification Application for the WIPP [October 29, 1996 submission only]
(Part 2): Department of Energy's Compliance Certification Application for the WIPP [includes supplementary information]
- Public Comments Received in Response to the ANPR dated November 15, 1996
- EPA/DOE Correspondence and Activities after Publication of the ANPR dated November 15, 1996
- Proposed Rule
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- Proposed Support Documents
- Items Considered after Proposal (Index)
- Additional EPA Reports/Studies and Other Miscellaneous Reports
- Additional EPA Factual Memoranda
- Additional EPA Correspondence Sent to Persons Outside the Agency
- Additional Comments Received (including any correspondence from persons outside EPA, whether or not labeled public comments)
- EPA Memoranda of Meetings and Telephone Conversations with Persons Outside EPA
- Transcripts of Any Public Hearings
- Post Hearing Comments
- Inter-Agency Review Materials
- Final Rule
- Notice of Rulemaking - Final
- Final Support Documents
- Response to Comments Document